So, believe it or not, life
We rented a little cabin suite for a night, the night before my birthday. I didn't get a picture of the outside, but here was the cute little bedroom inside...
Brian's Aunt Cindy (and our dear friend) works up at the lodge there, so we got to see her, and Janice (Brian's sis) & company. Sadly, I have no pictures of our fun tinfoil dinner night at the beach, but you'll have to trust me that it was really fun!
We all smelled like campfire, and had perfectly cooked and seasoned dinners, complete with corn on the cob cooked in the fire, and delicious sides of pineapple and feta salad. yum!! And let's not forget that Samantha and cousin Allie got SOAKED in the lake while "playing in the sand." They were freezing and begging to go home by the time we left the lake to go back to our cabins. (And a mother who TOLD Samantha NOT to get wet that night was somewhat satisfied that the poor freeeeezing five-year-old had learned her lesson the harder way, even though I tried to be sympathetic.)
We ate a delicious birthday breakfast (blueberry pancakes, yum!!) at the lodge...
With this view out our window as we ate...
Then we swam all afternoon. Spence and Brian stayed in the water a lot, so I didn't get many pics of them (Brian thanks me for the lack of photo coverage, of course, ha!)...
Then we swam all afternoon. Spence and Brian stayed in the water a lot, so I didn't get many pics of them (Brian thanks me for the lack of photo coverage, of course, ha!)...
And Natalie? Well, I made sure to get some pics of her from all angles, since she was so cute in her little suit...
Truth be told, she crashed out in her stroller for a lot of the afternoon, like a perfect baby doll...
I guess that's the end of my tribute. We had to end it all too quickly, to rush off for a birthday party/bbq/fireworks at my parents' house. (Can't complain about that, eh?)
I guess that's the end of my tribute. We had to end it all too quickly, to rush off for a birthday party/bbq/fireworks at my parents' house. (Can't complain about that, eh?)
Oh, but I also have to throw in our fun pics of our favorite ice cream parlor in Idaho City. We stopped there on the way up to Redfish; it's tradition...

My final word...
I have to say, if you've wondered whether you should put Redfish Lake on your list of "destinations" I vote YES!! It's worth it.
3 comments:
I get 15 minutes free on this Pendleton, Oregon hotel computer, so thought I'd check your blog today and see if there was anything new--and there WAS!! Thanks Babe! Beautiful Pictures!! and I'm really eager to go there someday. Meanwhile, we're enjoying where we are and what we're seeing and what we're ABOUT to see--(the OCEAN and BEACH!!!)
Well, bye for now. Love, Mom
looks like a fun place to go! I'll have to check it out sometime.
Hello Kamber, Was half way there the past few days in Sun Valley Idah enjoying the beautiful weather, trees and moutains. Thanks for your pictures, it makes me want to go even more than I already do. Looks like you had fun and I am so impressed how you can travel so well with three young kids.
Love, Emily S
Post a Comment