Here's a picture of Sammie and me outside the back of his house. No photos of the actual "birth room" of course. It turns out lots of other authors visited Shakespeare's birth home, to pay their respects... Ernest Hemingway, Charles Dickens, Ralph Waldo Emerson, to name a few. Brian says Bill Clinton even visited, though I'm not sure we should count him as an author??
Here's Brian and Sam outside the front of the house. Notice how blue, blue the sky is, and not a cloud in sight! It was just such a gorgeous, lovely day -- perfect to be out and about.
We also stopped by Anne Hathaway's little cottage, just to take a quick look. We didn't go in, but peeked in the bookshop and took a few shots of the outside of the place -- charming.
Brian took this shot, quite artistic. If you look carefully, we're all three in the picture, doing some of the things we love best.
2 comments:
I don't remember hearing that you went to Shakespeare's birthplace.. Cool!! That picture of the car, with you and Sammie sleeping and Brian's reflection as well, is a nice interesting picture. You can see who's the AMBITIOUS one around there!! :)
I don't remember knowing that Shakespeare married when he was so young, and I thought Anne Hathaway was the one married to King Henry the 8th who got her head chopped off---(or was that Annne Bolin??) Anyway--thanks for sharing those little-known-facts with us. It helps keep us "cultured!! (and I really enjoy learning these things you're finding out in your travels.) Love, Mom
That is really interesting. I think those old English cottages look so cute and quaint. I'm glad you get to go and see so many neat places. And that you get to sleep in the car when needed.
Post a Comment