Just thought I'd add a few cute pictures of Samantha hanging out around the house. She is quite familiar with her new home now and loves finding different things to play with.
Look how grown-up she looks in this one! She definitely looks more like a toddler now, not a baby anymore (except when she's sleeping). She carries her sippie cup around with one hand; Brian calls it her "grog."

One of Sam's favorite things is to pull everything out of her dresser drawers. On one occasion, she climbed into the bottom drawer after emptying it. She got scolded, because that can be dangerous. But she also got to mug for a picture, first!

In the late afternoons, while Mom is cooking dinner, Sam has determined the best place to be is right in the kitchen next to Mom. (How nice for me, right?) After Mom repeatedly refuses to hold her, Samantha chills out, laying on the kitchen floor. I have several shots similar to this one (below), with Sam relaxing, playing with a small toy, right under my feet.

She also loves to put on clothes of any variety... pajama bottoms on the head, socks on the hands, and Mom's cardigans are some of her favorites. She doesn't really pose when she's trying on clothes, so I snapped this one as she ran by in my new cardy.

After my recent car washing expedition, I accidentally left the buckets out two minutes too long. Samantha immediately confiscated them as her own personal toys. She likes to walk around with the bucket over her head or draped over her shoulders. It makes a great helmet!

Sam is also becoming quite the good little helper girl. Here she is "helping" to unload the dishwasher. She pulled out this green bowl, walked off with it for a few seconds, and came back with Sox Bear in it... apparently he needed a good washing, as he ended up in the dishwasher a few seconds later.

Several of Sam's favorite things are captured in this one... 1. the glasses. she loves them and walks around with them around her neck most days. 2. the sippie cup, which I already mentioned. 3. The bottle of bath bubbles sitting in front of her. She always steels it from the bathroom and puts it in her toy box. 4. Macaroni and cheese (in the bowl on the right). 5. Being on the counter. She's almost adept enough to push a chair over and climb up herself, but we highly discourage it, of course. 6. Mom! :)
2 comments:
Hey Kam--Thanks for the uplifting 'birthday pictures' you put on the Blog for me!! (Okay---so maybe they were for EVERYONE), but they especially enlightened my birthday afternoon as I viewed the various cute little antics our darling active grand-daughter involves herself in. Isn't she a DOLL??! I just love her to pieces!
(I'm glad you have the camera so handy--and USE it so readily!) I wish I would've taken pictures of YOU at that stage. But, come to think of it, you mostly just sat around being very lady-like and 'uneventful'! :)
She is so sweet and 'innocent' looking---it's hard to think she can get into so much STUFF daily, isn't it!! I especially like that shot of her in the drawer!! I enlarged that and her little look is so HAPPY!!!
Her eyes go from being very Blue, to looking quite Brown! Have you noticed?? Interesting, eh! Well, thanks....I'll quit rambling and say bye. Love, Mom
I love it. Samantha is so funny. She really is very active and can get into anything very quickly, huh? I'm afraid for the tricks she is going to teach Brie. What a cute girl.
Post a Comment