Monday, March 05, 2007

New-found toy box!

A few weeks ago we found a really good deal on a nice seagrass chest that's the PERFECT size for a toy box! We snatched it up and brought it home for Samantha's nice collection that sits in the far end of our dining room. The first couple of days, Sam seemed to wander around the house as if she was looking for the thousands of toys she used to have. Then she discovered she can open and close it on her own. After that, it didn't take her long to discover she can also climb in and out on her own (only hit her head on the floor once, getting out and only got stuck inside once, smart girl). She LOVES the toy box!

Here she is enjoying her toys on several different days. Thought you'd enjoy seeing how happy she is and how many innovative toys she has.
Notice Dad's basketball and the empty 7-up bottle in this one below. We also found a large plastic serving spoon from the kitchen, Mom's make-up bag, several cardigans and pajama pants (she loves clothes), and some bubble bath that she swiped from her own bath.

Fully immersed in toyhood!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to see you've posted some more pictures! Thanks! I love those pictures of Samantha and her toy box, especially the one with her wearing blue with her hair in the little clip or pony tail. I'm glad you guys are doing well!

Kam said...

Hey thanks, Dalana. I've been meaning to email you, but I think I only have Mark's address... will have to get it. Yes, I love the blue fleece too, so cute. I'm pretty sure it was Ella's, so thanks to you and to Ella!

Anonymous said...

I don't have my own email address, I just use Mark's. I'd love to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

How cute our little Sammi girl is!! It was SO FUN to see that you had written and sent more pictures. Here I sit in Boise---feeling lonesome and looking for things to do--and it was a real pleasure to see that you had written. (I check about every day!) To see that darling little face brought exclamations of delight from me! (even though no one is here to hear me!) :)

The toybox looks nice and serviceable, and I'm glad to see that our little granddaughter recognizes that PRACTICAL things make fun toys too, sometimes!! Love, Mom