Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Treasures from Grandmas

Yesterday morning in the mail, we got a package for Samantha from her Grandma Hone (my mom). She was soooo excited to help open it and find out what was inside!! ... A new Ariel phone, a matching furry hat and hand bag, some foamy ABCs for the bath, and a cute shirt for this winter! Wow!! She LOVES her new gifts, thank you Grandma and Grandpa Hone. The phone is especially a favorite ... Ariel says "maybe we can find some treasure" every time she opens it. Great stuff.
Another "treasure" -- a little different from the care package. My Grandma -- known to Samantha as Grandma Eva -- gave me this beautiful locket as a keepsake. It used to be hers, and has pictures of her and Grandpa Lynn, who passed away when I was young. I wear it to church all the time, and every time I do, Samantha wants to look at it soooo bad. She points at it, saying "Bomba, Bomba" (Grandma). This means she wants to see the pictures of Grandma and Grandpa inside.
It's so cute to see her get so excited as she points at the pictures, saying "Bomba and Bompa." So cute. Sometimes when I wear another necklace with a big pendant, she wants me to open it, but then realizes it doesn't open -- "Bomba all gone." :) I love that she knows it's important to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kamber--What PRECIOUS pictures!! ALL of them!! I'm glad that Sam is so very delighted with the little things I sent her, and her happy little "look" says it all!

I didn't even realize that Grandma Eva had given you that locket, but I'm SO GLAD she DID!! I know it was very, very dear to her, and I'm sure she'll be glad to know that you treasure it as she did. (I wish that little picture of Eva herself was a bit cuter, but you can tell that she and your Grandpa were very much in love.) Thanks for posting these. Love, Mom

Elieson Family said...

Hey, that's the locket I used to compliment at church! How are you feeling these days? I am sooo busy I haven't updated my blog in forever. I should do that now instead of just reading everybody else's... oh well. When are you guys going to come visit us????

Elieson Family said...

Hey, that's the locket I used to compliment at church! How are you feeling these days? I am sooo busy I haven't updated my blog in forever. I should do that now instead of just reading everybody else's... oh well. When are you guys going to come visit us????