We had a fun little party for all the primary children from church. Even though it was a couple of days after Valentine's day, we called it a Valentine's party and stuck with a "love" theme. The kids really seemed to enjoy themselves. We had a little lunch (heart-shaped sandwiches and veggies and fruit). Then we decorated heart cookies, with all kinds of candy and different colored frostings.
And here is Sam, decorating her own photo frame. She mainly just ended up putting stickers all over the living room table, unfortunately. But she had a lot of fun doing it!
I admit, it was a little overwhelming having a party at our house when, just the day before, my doctor had said I could be in labor any day now. As I was cleaning the house and making cookies that night before bed, I kept wondering if I might be in the hospital while my counselors and teachers did the whole party themselves. Nope. No baby, whew! But I have to add that my counselors and teachers were VERY helpful, making it so I was able to relax and enjoy the party.
The next day was also a busy one at church, with our ward having it's semi-annual Ward Conference, where all our London-area leaders came to advise and/or observe our meetings. I played the organ in Sacrament meeting, which felt more stressful than sometimes, just because there were so many extra people there. Then we had a meeting with our Stake Primary leaders, after they observed our singing time and sharing time with the children. They are very supportive, helpful leaders and I loved their counsel this time. Of course, it's always a little bit more pressure when they come, just because I want things to run smoothly and look organized.
Sammie added a little more stress by refusing to go to nursery!! for the FIRST time EVER! She would NOT go. Period. Brian tried to take her several times in the first 15 minutes, but she screamed and cried and wouldn't even be comforted by him. He finally brought her to me, while she reached for me and sobbed through snotty tears -- "Mama! Mama!" -- loudly enough that all the leaders and children in primary were watching the scene. I took her, and told her if she wanted to be with me, she had to sit on my lap and be very quiet. She did, thankfully! But she still wouldn't go back to her nursery class, even though I tried two or three more times before church was over. Quirky, and not the best timing for a few reasons: 1. the Stake Leaders where there, 2. she is just toooo heavy for me to hold these days, 3. do you really think there's room for her on my lap with this baby about ready to pop out any second? Oh well.
Good, dear, sweet Brian had pity on us and took me and Sammie home right at the end of church, even though HE had to go BACK to church for 2 1/2 more hours of meetings! We usually just wait it out with him but I was VERY grateful to be home eating lunch and napping, rather than sitting at the church until 4pm (he got back to our house at 4:30, after leaving for church at 9:30 a.m.). Whew! Marathon Sunday.
And now, here we sit, waiting waiting waiting for something to feel different in my body, something that makes me say, I think this might be it. Not yet, but hopefully soon. I think I've written more than anyone really wants to read here, so I'll sign off for now.
Cheerio!
1 comment:
It will probably NOT be "news to you", that you NEVER write more than your MOM wants to read!! :)
Fun pictures of your Valentine's Party! Thanks for taking the time to post 'em. And it sounded like your ward conference church experience turned out okay---in SPITE of Sammie's new reluctant attitude. Oh, and you forgot to mention that, with this new baby almost here, it'd be pretty INconvenient for Sam to QUIT going to Nursery....You need her there so you can take care of all the OTHER stuff, including your new little guy. Right?? Hopefully, she gets back in the groove of LOVING it!! Love, Mom
Post a Comment