Saturday, February 23, 2008

Day Two - Meeting Big Sister...

Today was the day for big sister to meet little brother...she was excited to see him! Sammie stayed the night at our friend Charles and Joyces' house last night, so I (Brian) went over this morning and picked her up and we went to see Mama in the hospital. She was enthralled and couldn't stop running from one thing to the next in the room. As for little boy Bishop, well, he had a very quiet night, sleeping from 1 to about 7 this morning. He's opened his eyes a few times, but mostly he keeps them shut. He's been pretty sleepy so far; it's nice to hope that it might continue, but I'm doubting we'll be that lucky! As for the pictures....

Here's Sammie, getting to hold her little brother for the first time (with a little help from Daddy)


Here's Baby Boy Bishop and mother after having gotten a little rest during the night.

Here's a glamour shot that Kam took of him. Just sleeping away... :-)

Sammie's learning to be really soft when she tries to touch little brother. She was quite good about it this first time.

Here's Sammie giving little brother a goodbye kiss as we left this afternoon.

8 comments:

Scott B. said...

That last picture of Samantha giving him a goodbye kiss is precious! How totally sweet.

Elieson Family said...

YEAH!!! How wonderful!!! Congratulations!!! I love Portland hospital. Well, I really love the food, and my doctor - he was fantastic.
Good luck getting some sleep! And again, YEAH!!!! This boy is soo lucky to be born into such a great family!!!

Wade Hone said...

Wow! how wonderful! what a beautiful baby boy! Congratulations Kamber and Brian!

thanks for posting the news so quickly after the event too!

Wade

Dalana and Mark said...

CONGRATULATIONS Brian, Kamber and Samantha! We're glad both mother and baby are healthy and everyone is happy! He is such a cute little guy. I love his dark hair and I think he looks quite a bit like Kamber's side of the family. We're so happy for you guys. It's nice to see pictures of a sweet baby on a day that I am feeling so sick from pregnancy!

Jeni said...

Your little man and I share the same birthday, so he's going to be a really special kid. And seriously, Kamber, you look fantastic. You don't even look like you gave birth! You're not swollen or sweaty or anything...and I'm jealous! Looking forward to seeing more pictures and updates, and oh yes, his name! Congrats and much love!

Anonymous said...

A little note from the Proud Grandma!! I'm delighted, Brian, that you took time to post these darling pictures and write about the new baby and his big sister.

Isn't Sammie sweet in her excitement?? She looks so gentle and loving as she holds, touches, and kisses him. (it'd sure be nice if things would STAY that way with their relationship, eh??!) :) I'm very happy for your wonderful little family, and look forward to seeing you all in person pretty soon. Love, Karen (Mom and Grandma)

Joyce said...

Cute pics! Congratulations guys! I am glad Sammie's hair held out for the pictures. I had to do it twice that morning but I wanted it to look good because I knew you would be taking pics. It was worth it. She is such an easy girl to take care of. We never mind having her at our house. We'll have to come by soon and see the new babe.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kamber, Brian, and Sammie, on your new little addition to your family! Hope that you all are doing great. These are the best blog updates! What is his name?
Best wishes from Boston!
Becky, Tim, and Caro