Monday, February 18, 2008

What does the turkey say?

I just had to share this little video of Sammie saying "gobble gobble gobble." It's one of our favorite things to ask her to say, just because we love to see that little tongue working so hard.

I've seen some cute Valentine's Day posts on other people's blogs. Most noteable, my brother and sister-in-law had their fourth baby on V-Day. Yay! Welcome to the new nephew, Bryson Blaine. We're excited to see pictures of the little guy.

Our Valentine's was nice and low-key. We did the traditional chocolates, flowers, cards and sugar cookies. I wasn't sure whether Brian would have to work late, so we celebrated in the morning before he had to go. For the morning, a couple of friends and I got together and put some goodies on plates to take to some of our other friends from church... fun playing cupid, and fun eating lots of chocolate and cookies! When Brian came home (nice and early), he suggested going out to dinner, but both of us felt quite worn out so we opted to stay in. I made a delicious lemon/artichoke chicken dish and we shared more chocolate and cookies, along with some sparkling grape juice. Happy Valentine's Day!

What else to share? Well, Brian spent a couple of days last week in Cairo, working on a deal. We sure missed him, and were glad I didn't start labor while he was gone! I did have an interesting doctor's visit at the end of the week. Without sharing "details," I'll just say the doctor mentioned he might see me in the hospital this week. I've been feeling a lot more uncomfortable, and it's been much harder to walk these past few days. Looks like we might have February baby! We'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a LAUGH we had!! Dad and I are curious---WHO taught her how to say "gobble, gobble, gobble"?? How CUTE!! What a sweetie!! We LOVED it!!

We sure were happy to see that you posted today. That means you haven't gone into the hospital yet!! Look forward to talking with you. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

You should aim for February 25. :-)

It's great to be reading about your life these days--I'm terrible about keeping in touch with people, but I've been wondering how you are. Three cheers for modern technology!