
Brian has been working crazy hours lately. And, it also seems like I've been quite busy. So, we were pleasantly surprised this weekend to have a very perfect Saturday! To start, the weather was gorgeous -- one of those amazing spring days where the warm breezes blow the rest of winter right away. Brian mowed the grass while Sammie and I washed down the patio deck and Spencer napped. Then we cut Brian's hair outside on the patio, enjoying the sunshine.

Sam enjoyed the freedom of changing outfits several times. Here's a classic... one skirt, one dress, one shirt, one sweater, one monkey backpack, one rabbit carry case, and one stuffed octupus -- that's about all one cutie needs, right?

Brian filled up Sammie's pool while I ran to Subway to grab us lunch... and run a few other errands. Let me just say, I was VERY effective with my little shopping run... in 40 minutes I made purchases in FIVE stores!! (The things a mother can accomplish when Dad watches the kids!) Then we had a perfect picnic in the back garden, smelling that fresh cut grass and watching Sammie wade in her little pool. (Yes, it was a bit chilly for proper swimming, but she did a few slide runs, and didn't seem to mind too much.)

During the afternoon, I took a HEAVENLY nap while the kids slept and Brian talked on the phone with his brothers. Then, the most exciting part... we went on a DATE! It was perfect. (no pictures though, sorry.) Our friend Jenny watched the kids for us, while we went to a favorite Italian place in our old neighborhood. We walked on Primrose Hill, holding hands and smooching at sunset (along with the 100 other couples who wanted to enjoy the finally-good weather). Then, as an extra special treat, Spencer slept well, only waking once for half an hour to eat.
Aaahhhh.... life is good. We will miss London livin'.
5 comments:
Wow! I am jealous of the weather. It snowed here today! Your kids are so cute (and so are you and Brian of course). I have a lot of gifts for you in my basement I am trying to get rid of right now. Mostly they consist of furniture and boxes. That is all I have at the moment.
My Goodness--Wading in a pool in APRIL--how novel!! And what pretty green grass that is! Today's the first of May and we have a really white snowy ground--plus a real true snowstorm is presently upon us--Happy Idaho!!
I'm glad you had such a peaceful, wonderful Saturday--and I'm especially glad that BRIAN was finally able to RELAX a bit!! Poor guy--he's working such late hours again! Love, Mom
Like everyone else, I am jealous of the good weather you've had, but happy that you had such a nice Saturday together. What a treat! I think you need really good days like that to keep you going through the other type of days.
My that does look like exactly a perfect day. How nice to be outside in the sun and then to have a date on such a beautiful day. I'm glad you got to enjoy it with Brian.
buy cheap viagra online free viagra samples before buying viagra stories free sample prescription for viagra viagra canada order viagra online can women take viagra how does viagra work bad side effects of viagra viagra over the counter generic brands of viagra online viagra rx 18 takes viagra buy viagra in england
Post a Comment