So, hello blogging world. You get my story today. I'm calling it "Silver Lining" because I'm choosing to see the positive here... like working with Murphy's Law, or something like that.
Disclaimer: stop right here if you don't like reading about potty training.
Here's the story, short and sweet...
We went to the beach this afternoon.
Spencer pooed in his swim shorts.
After I took his fully-soaked diaper off.
Before I got a swim diaper on him.
The silver lining.... because he pooed in his swim shorts, he did NOT poo in the tub a few short minutes after we got home. Whew!!
Another one?
Spencer peed all over the bathroom floor and wall.
I mean ALLLLL OVER.
After the beach and the poop.
Before I could help him get his "potty training" act together.
The silver lining... this all happened BEFORE I mopped the bathroom floor. And YES, I was actually PLANNING to mop the bathroom floor today, just hadn't gotten to it yet. I mean, seriously, there is a silver lining to almost EVERYTHING, people.
Even potty training.
7 comments:
Oh man. The best part is that after all of that, the day can only get BETTER, right? Hopefully?!?! Wow. Just so you know, I so know where you are right now, with pottytraining that is. Keep your chin up Kamber. You'll make it! :)
Actually, I liked the "Knock-Knock" post better... :) But that sure is a lovely TYPICAL picture of that little un-potty-trained darling, isn't it!!
Alysa says 'Keep your chin up'. I say keep looking for those "silver linings", and say to yourself, "This is Making a Memory!"
Lots of Love from your mom--(who's been through stuff like that--only BEFORE they had 'swim diapers.')
Oh boy. This just made me even more nervous for when it is my turn to potty train a boy. So scared. I mean, I remember cleaning the "boys" bathroom at my house growing up. Pee everywhere. Best of luck. My silver lining is that you'll have some good tips for me when I have to do it.
Sounds like you need to let him run naked, and then clean up his own messes. He'll figure it out! Keep going!
I agree with Lisa, it might just be the motivation he needs. Just remember, I have never met a Kindregartener that wasn't potty-trained, he'll get it eventually.
Hi Kam!
You are so good at being positive! I didn't like potty training either - all I can say is, thank goodness for disposable diapers!
Keep your chin up, he won't be little forever!
Hugs,
Barb
I'm convinced that potty training is definitely on the top 3 list of "Worst Parts of Parenting". I hate, HATE potty training! Good luck! And when you get that all perfected, come on over to my place and you can do Charity, because I refuse to even think about doing it any time soon.
Post a Comment