Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Today.

Nothing out of the usual today, really. Sick kids -- I guess that's not too normal, but it's starting to feel like normal around here. Spencer has bronchitis, and Natalie has another ear infection. Samantha has missed it this time, thankfully. But she still seems extra sluggish from the broken sleep, since Spencer wakes her up a lot through the night with his coughing/crying, etc.

Just thought I'd blog today, to document the "normal" day...
Got up before the kids, so I got a few extra minutes to stretch and say a prayer. Put on some slippers and carefully woke the groggy Samantha for school, making sure she stayed quiet, to not wake Spence. Helped Samantha get dressed (ie. talked her into wearing the darling turtleneck dress that she doesn't really like), and got her breakfast. Did her hair, packed her lunch, found her coat, and got her out the door to her ride in good time.

Greeted my Spencer Boy, who woke up despite all our efforts of quietness. Got him breakfast, said goodbye to Brian. Took my Boy to the bathroom (let's hear it for potty training!! Dry all night!), got him dressed, got his medicine for him, read him four stories. Cleaned the kitchen, washed the pots and pans from last night's dinner. Got up my Nattie Baby (late sleeper, poor little sickie), changed her, dressed her. Read three more books to the Boy. Fed my Girl, got her some medicine, loaded the dishwasher and washed the counters. Read three more stories to my Boy. Put in a load of laundry, took upstairs the clean-and-dry load from last night. Changed my Girl again. Put on "Backyardigans" for Spence, showered while he watched it and Nat sat outside the bathroom door, knocking and talking to me until I was decent enough to let her in (and supervise her "bathroom time"). Got dressed, dried my hair, while both kids stood under me, put on some make-up, changed the laundry, made a sandwich for Spencer, tried to figure out what makes the fridge door stick (again) and cleaned out half of the fridge (again). Finally sat down, and here I am.

The dishwasher is now clean and needs to be unloaded, the laundry is now dry and needs to be changed over again, Spencer wants me to read some more, the baby needs another nose wipe, we all three need a nap. I should put in the spaghetti squash I was going to roast to go in a casserole for dinner, and the sticky, yucky kitchen floor always hangs over my head, needing to be mopped (again). Hmmm...

I have a sewing project I was eager to start "first thing" this morning. It's sitting up stairs on my bed, along with the Christmas gift idea I was making for _______ (did you really think I would tell?) Welp. I guess "normal" sometimes takes over everything else, eh? Not that anything I've done sounds THAT busy. But I sure do FEEL busy, doing my "normal." And off I go to wipe that nose, read that story, and remove something from baby's mouth...

3 comments:

six Thompson said...

Kamber,
Thanks for sharing your day. I loved reading it and made me think of my day. Nothing like yours but busy in its own special way too. The life of stay-at-home mom's and their lovely kids. You are so lucky and looking back at your blog you are going to be so glad your blogged about your simply busy day. Love, Emily

Karen, Kam's mom said...

Luckily for you, my dear, that you soon get to get involved in OTHER daily tasks when you get HERE!! I am so very excitedly looking forward to you coming to help "take care" of me! And you can rest assured--all that stuff will still be waiting right there at home for you to do when you get back!! :) Love, Mom

Alicia said...

Oh my. That day sounds VERY familiar. The laundry and the dishwasher - I'm always doing one of those. I think my day went about the same except we have no kids that sleep in and I certainly don't have a sewing project I'm working on.