Sunday, October 15, 2006

Kickin' around the house

Sammie and I have been hanging around the house a lot this week, mainly because it's been quite rainy. Sam's been finding new things to get into, new ways to entertain herself. I'm constantly on my feet, chasing her away from the stairs, pulling books out of her mouth, or just walking her around the room while she holds my fingers.

Here she is in her laundry basket. She had pulled out half the clean clothes and thrown them on the floor with the dirty clothes within a matter of seconds, silly girl. She's also learning to open cupboard doors, which is a whole new set of messes for this mamma to clean up. She found a pair of pink pants in her toy basket one day (how did those get there??). My friend Jenny helped her put them on her head, and she wore them around like a cool hat for a little while, until they fell in her eyes and she got frustrated.
"A tight spot." Sammie insisted on crawling alongside the edge of the couch the other day, even though I warned her she would not easily get out after crawling in. I guess she didn't believe me... went head first and then squealed in frustration when she couldn't back out.
Her very favorite place to be is inside her toy basket. She's climbed inside almost every day this week, just to get up close and personal with her toys. She hasn't quite figured how to get out of it yet, so I have to keep helping her out when she wants to.
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kam--Dad and I looked at these wonderful pictures yesterday after church, and we just LOVE seeing our darling little Granddaughter! She looks SO FUN!! We sure would like to hold her and play with her in PERSON!

I'll try to be sure and have some baskets here for her to crawl around in when she comes at Christmas time---(if she just hasn't grown OUT of that stage by then!) We think she's SO beautiful!! We really look forward to seeing you ALL!! Love, Mom

P.S. sorry I'm FIRST on all your comment pages---but I'm checking EVERY DAY to see what new stuff you put up, and I just LOVE it!! You know me---I can't go without saying SOMETHING!! :)

Alicia said...

It is incredible to me how similar our days are with our girls. We really should be doing this right next door to each other. I loved seeing the pictures of Samantha. The one where she had tossed all the laundry on the floor especially made me laugh because there are piles like that all over our house these days. I'm glad you two are having so much fun.